FamilyWize Community Service Partnership
Together, with very little effort, and no cost, we can reduce the cost of medicine by an average of 30% or more. We know it may sound too good to be true, but it’s not. 95% of the pharmacies nationwide have agreed to provide lower pricing to everyone that brings in a FamilyWize precription drug discount card. All we have to do is get one of these cards to everyone we can.
We are asking every organization and agency possible to help. Please distribute these free FamilyWize cards to as many people as you can throughout the community. We will provide you with as many cards as you can distribute.
What You Need to Know
- Average discount = 30% or more - $20 per prescription.
- Accepted at most pharmacies nationwide, including all major chains.
- Covers all prescription drugs
- Covers everyone with no health insurance or prescription drug coverage.
- All cards are bi-lingual, in English and Spanish.
- Covers all medicine not covered by insurance, Medicaid, Medicare or other benefit plans.
- No age, income or residency restrictions. Anyone can use it.
- No registration, activation, paperwork or enrollment. No personal information is collected.
- No cost to people using the cards.
How It's Funded
The savings on the cost of the medicine is provided by the pharmacies. They have agreed to accept prices for medications that are close to the prices they make available to large insurance companies and employers. All other program costs are provided by in-kind donations from the program sponsors and by part of the processing fee included in the cost of the medicine. For more information, please visit www.FamilyWize.org.
About FamilyWize Community Service Partnership
40% of people in the United States in the last two years have either skipped filling a prescription or reduced doses because the medicine was too expensive. To address this, 840 United Way agencies plus America’s Promise Alliance Partners, in all 50 states, have come together in this FamilyWize community service partnership to organize and coordinate community-wide distribution of these free prescription drug discount cards. The goal is to reduce the cost of medicine for people in need by at least $100 million.
Click here for...
By simply dialing 2-1-1, you can speak to a specialist who will connect you to help your community. The call is free, confidential and available 24-hours a day in any language. 211 is a program of the Golden Crescent Regional Planning Commission. "Let us help you get connected."
No matter where you live in Texas, you can dial 2-1-1 and find information about resources in your local community. Whether you need help finding food or housing, child care, crisis counseling or substance abuse treatment, one number is all you need to know.
2-1-1 Texas is a free, confidential, information and referral line answered by nationally certified specialists - 24 hours a day, seven days a week. When callers dial 2-1-1, they are connected to area information centers in their region. These trained experts have access to the most comprehensive database of community- based organizations, government agencies and nonprofits that exist in Texas. Information can be provided in almost any language.
In addition to information about resources in your local community, 2-1-1 Texas provides information on and access to:
- a way to apply for benefits, check the current status of your application, or to reapply for benefits. This includes: Medicaid, Medicare, Food Stamps, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Children’s Health Insurance, nursing home care, and other services for people who are elderly or that have disabilities
- the Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) Office of Inspector General were you can report waste, fraud, and abuse in all health and human services programs in the State of Texas. Any state employee or private citizen may report waste, fraud, and abuse to the Inspector General
- 2-1-1 Texas covers 25 regions throughout the state. Anyone in Texas can dial this number when they aren’t sure where to turn for help
Click here to...