The Victoria County United Way works to advance the common good. This means creating opportunities for a better life for all. This is accomplished through our funding of programs and initiatives provided by partner agencies, participation in collaborative efforts and involving our community in solutions that benefit all of us. When we reach out a hand to one, we influence the condition of all. Our leadership understands that we all win when a child succeeds in school, when families are financially stable and when people have good health. These results and changes have benefits that ripple out to the community as a whole.
The New United Way
For more than 68 years, Victoria County United Way has held a reputation as our community's fundraiser, but United Way doesn't just raise money. Today’s United Way is a focused, results-driven system working year-round to change community conditions and create lasting solutions. Much like a "general contractor" manages all aspects of constructing a building, we manage people and resources to create lasting, positive solutions in lives that need it most. Through strong partnerships with volunteers, local business, government and nonprofit organizations, United Way accomplishes what no one can do alone.
These are basic things that we all need for a good life: a quality education that leads to a stable job, income that can support a family through retirement, and good health. Together, we can Build a Better Community!
What We Stand For
To improve lives in the Crossroads area by mobilizing the caring power of communities we serve.
We will build stronger, safer and healthier communities by inspiring people to make a difference and together improve people’s lives.
To do this we will:
• Inspire people to make a difference
• Craft human care solutions within and across our communities
• Build coalitions and partnerships around these solutions
• Increase investments in these agendas by expanding and diversifying our own development efforts and supporting those of others
• Measure, communicate, and learn from the impact of our efforts
• Reflect the diversity of the communities we serve
Victoria, Dewitt, Goliad, Lavaca and Refugio Counties
To achieve measurable results in three areas:
• Education—Helping Individuals Achieve Their Potential
• Income— Helping Families Become Stable and Independent
• Health—Improving People’s Health