MyFreeTaxes Easy. Free. Tax help you can trust.
It’s that time of year again. Time to file your taxes! But don’t worry; it’s not as bad as it seems. You can file your state and federal taxes for FREE using MyFreeTaxes.com if you made $60,000 or less in 2014. MyFreeTaxes.com is the perfect way to file online both easily and securely – and did we mention it is FREE?
This national campaign, now in its sixth year, empowers working individuals and families with low-to-moderate income to access free tax preparation and filing assistance services online, at home, at a community center or with the help of a nonprofit partner.
The online service is available from January through April 2015
Take advantage of helpful tools such as calculators, error checkers and online chats, plus a free help line if you have any questions. Software provided by H&R Block, plus MyFreeTaxes.com is available in both English and Spanish.
If you prefer to file in person the Victoria Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Partnership (VITA) provides free “in-person” tax preparation services to residents with incomes below $53,000. The service is available at the Community Action Agency located at 4007 Halsey Street, Victoria, Texas every Tuesday (3:00 pm – 7:00pm) and Saturday (9:00am to 12:00 noon) thru April 11, 2015.
Bring the following Items to your appointment:
· Social Security Card or ITIN Card for all family members
· Picture identification
· W2s and 1099s (if appropriate)
Earned Income Tax Credit Qualifications:
· Must have earned income during the past year
· Your income must be less than $53,000 (Individual) or $50,270 (married filing jointly and three qualifying children)
· Your qualifying children cannot be claimed by more than one person
· Must be a U.S. Citizen or resident alien
· Other rules may apply, your VITA volunteer will provide more specific information
Did You Know: In Texas over 4 million households, or 56%, would potentially qualify to use MyFreeTaxes and VITA services.
Click below and start filing now!!