The Victoria County United Way Board of Directors approved the recommendation of its Nominating Committee for new board members, Officers and Executive Committee members. Gary Worsham, Senior Vice President – Regional Trust Manager, with Wells Fargo Bank has been elected chair of the Board of Directors. In accepting his new responsibilities, Worsham commented, “We have a strong board of directors, staff and organization. The leadership that we elected today and the board members that are returning will help us meet the challenges we face as a community”.
Governance is provided by a forty-seven member Board of Directors including an eleven member Executive Committee, and is comprised of a diverse group of volunteers who are representative of donors (large and small), corporations and sponsors, civic leaders and other stakeholders. These volunteers are responsible for setting policies, the organizational operating budget and for overseeing the direction of the Victoria County United Way.
Board Officers and Executive Committee members include:
• Board President: Gary Worsham, Well Fargo Bank
• Secretary: Terry Robinson, Hospice of South Texas
• Treasurer: Greg Sprawka, First Victoria National Bank or New Member
• Vice President, Community Investment: Jennifer Yancey, Victoria College
• Vice President, Campaign : Russell Janecka, Janecka Insurance
• Immediate Past Board President: Kelly Park, First Victoria National Bank
• Officer: Omar Rachid, Rachid Consulting
• Officer: Sally Aman, Wells Fargo Bank
• Officer: Amy Hodges, INVISTA
• Officer: Bryant Price, Agama Advertising
• Officer: David Vacek, DOW Seadrift Operations
New Board Members include:
• Matt James - ZACHRY
• Geri Schroeder - Prosperity Bank
• Lola Castro - First Victoria National Bank
• Jay Lester - VISD
• Susan Rovegno - Victoria Advocate
• Joe Farias - HEB
• David Schrutka - LyondellBasell Campaign Chair Russell Janecka & Board Chair Gary Worsham
• John Jones - Caterpillar Inc.
• Jeb Lacey, CEM - Victoria City/County
• Mary Kay Janssen - O`Connor & Hewitt Foundation
• Dale Jones - klean corp. int.
• Glenda Bennett - Citizens Medical Center
Victoria County United Way governance structure is focused on leadership, accountability and transparency. Board members possess a passion for United Way’s mission and vision, a commitment to invest time as an active member, an ability and desire to take a system-wide perspective and demonstrated commitment to our community.
Victoria County United Way creates opportunities for everyone to become involved by focusing on the building blocks of a good life: Education, helping individuals achieve their potential; Income, helping families become stable and independent; and Health, improving people’s health. We invite you to be a part of this change. United, we can inspire hope and create opportunities for a better tomorrow. Please contact Victoria County United Way at 361.578.3561 or visit online at www.unitedwayvictoria.org.