Victoria County United Way
The Victoria County United Way works with many partners to improve the lives of people living in the Crossroads area. In addtion to helping boys and girls learn in a safe enviroment (Boys & Girls Club), provide temporary housing for those in need (Mid-Coast Family Services and Perpetual Help Home), help seniors obtain meals (Victoria Senior Citizens) and helping many other organizations as listed in the Partner Agency tab, we also have worked non-stop since August 25th when Hurricane Harvey hit our region to help people recover from the storm.
Through strong partnerships with volunteers, local business, government and nonprofit organizations, United Way accomplishes what no one can do alone. These are basic things that we all need for a good life: a quality education that leads to a stable job, income that can support a family through retirement, and good health. Together, we can Build a Better Community!
What We Stand For
To improve lives in the Crossroads area by mobilizing the caring power of communities we serve.We will build stronger, safer and healthier communities by inspiring people to make a difference and together improve people’s lives.
To do this we will:
• Inspire people to make a difference
• Craft human care solutions within and across our communities
• Build coalitions and partnerships around these solutions
• Increase investments in these agendas by expanding and diversifying our own development efforts and supporting those of others
• Measure, communicate, and learn from the impact of our efforts
• Reflect the diversity of the communities we serve
Service Area: primarily Victoria County with services also provided to residents in Dewitt, Goliad, Lavaca and Counties
To achieve measurable results in three areas:
• Education—Helping Individuals Achieve Their Potential
• Income— Helping Families Become Stable and Independent
• Health—Improving People’s Health