Every year is an important year, but 2020 is especially important. Voting is a simple, yet powerful, way to advocate and become civically engaged.
Here are some important ways for you to prepare for the next election - November 3rd.
1. Check that you are registered under your current name and current address. Go to the Am I Registered? page powered by the Texas Secretary of State. If you have moved within the same county, you can change your information online at the Secretary of State's Voter Registration Name/Address Change website.
2. Register to vote. Register to vote online, by mail, or in person by October 5th. Find more information on how to register to vote by visiting VoteTexas.gov.
3. Put together your plan to vote. Have questions? Check out the Who, What, When, Where, and How of voting in Texas here to help you plan to vote.
4. COVID-19's impact on the elections. Vote.org offers the latest information on the upcoming election.
5. Learn about the candidates ahead of time. A good online website is Vote411. This website now includes candidate listings for all races on your ballot with background information and responses to questions when candidates completed their survey. Simply enter your address and follow the prompts.
6. Pledge to vote. Voter turnout is crucial in a democracy. If you don’t vote, you let others decide who will represent you. Visit United We Count. United We Vote. and pledge to vote. Help others vote too! Pledge to vote and help three friends do the same at WhenWeAllVote.org.